Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cheating v/s Honesty

Another such incident which makes me believe in BEST people more thn private Autowalas [For those who dont know BEST is considered to be the lifeline of mumbai (Road Public Transport Service)]. While the BEST was on strike, The autowalas harassed the public even more. Imagine charging a fare of Rs. 150/- for a distance which is usually charged Rs 15/- (not kidding). I myself have experienced it.

Dunno why but offlate i have had bad incidents with the autowalas in mumbai.

Today morning, Whn i caught an auto for usual station, the Meter reading was minimum, and there was no chance tht it wud increase by a rupee. But the guy actually took 2 mins just to turn his back and take the money from my hand. After i got down, whn the auto wala gave me a tenner back i was like its only 9 Rs. how come u r taking 10. He said meter reading was 10... i was so infuriated wid him, and not only him this is the case with usually all the autowalas, they turn their back only after 2 mins so tht meanwhile one meter falls. arrggghhhhhhhhh Classic Cheating Case.

Same day, Bus Incident (Too many auto and bus incidents, I know):

I took my usual bus and took the ticket (fare of which is Rs 8/-). Gave a Tenner to the conductor, and just walked off ahead after takign the ticket, forgetting to collect the change of Rs 2/-.I was surprised when, after some time in the crowded bus, the conducter nudged me and said 'madam , yeh lijiye aapke 2 Rs. aap bhul gayi lena'.

Not That the 2 Rs. Mattered to me or him. He could have very well kept the change and probably even i wudnt have even asked him, but appreciate his honesty.

What a Difference.... one person cheats to get one rupee, and other person takes the pain of returning 2 Rs.

Now say.... are Autowalas kind and nice or are BEST people??

Few days back I would have preferred Autowalas, but the way incident have been in last few days.... i would prefer BEST.

2 comments:

Vichar said...

Yes I agree with you..BEST is maitaining their buses also very well. I have seen some of the other municipal buses..it is horrible.

But some of the BEST conductors are very rude in taking..they need to be more polite

John Doe said...

"BEST" is actually "the best" like its name.
Its just that we mumbaiites take BEST for granted. You really should look at any other city and you'll know how good BEST is.
And yes, I do agree, trains and buses are way better than ricks or taxis.